NVF Annual Bridge Conference 2013
Extending the Service Life of Bridges
4-5 September 2013,Helsinki, Finland
Organisedby Finnish Bridges Technical Committee of Nordic Road Association NVF and Finnish Associaton of Cicil Engineers RIL
Withits theme Extending the Service Life of Bridges the conference addressestopical questions in Nordic bridge maintenance. These include assessing andrehabilitating aging bridges for the present and new traffic loads. Specialreference is made to alkali-reactions in concrete that has in some onsets foundto deteriorate structures quickly.
Theconference is continuation of the annual bridge conference series arranged bythe NVF Bridges Technical Committee. It allows Nordic and Baltic bridge expertsto network and share expertise in issues specific to the Nordic bridge stock,geographical area and bridge management routines.
Session 1 Upgrading for new demands
- Accelerated bridge repair - methods and economics
- Semiflexible surfacings, a way to reduce maintenance cost
- Increased demands for load-bearing capacity leads to strengthening or exchange of bridges
- New tools for load-bearing assessments of the Finnish Bridge Stock
Session 2 Effect of condition on resistance
- Content and reactivity of alkali silica in bridge concrete structures
- Alkali reactions in concrete
- Can the load-bearing capacity of alkali-chemical reaction damaged bridges be assessed?
- Alkali reactions and load capacity
- Alkali-silica-reaction and the influence it has on the load bearing capacity of the bridge
Session 3 Ensuring the quality of rehabilitation
- Norwegian temporary bridges
- Maintenance of the Fredrikstad Bridge
- P-rate method for frost-resistant concrete in Finnish bridges – does it work?
- Results from new investigation of Danish marine bridges
- Non-destructive testing in practise
- Conference 1
- Conference 2
- Conference 3
- Risto Kiviluoma
- Icelandic choir
- Golf champion and organizer