Go to navigation

28. april 2009

Kommunikationsgruppe

 

 

Meeting, Roskilde 28th of April 2009.

 

Venue: Danish Road Institute, Guldalderen 12, Hedehusene 

Participants:

G. Pétur Matthiasson (IS) Formand/Ordførende

Mikkel Bruun (DK)

Anne Marit Øksenvåg Johansen (N)  

Petra Vallila (FI)

Ditte Møller (DK)

 

Fraværende:

Súsanna Mc Birnie (FO) (deltager fra og med sommer 2009)

Malin Wallander (S)

 

Agenda

 

1) Opening (Mikkel)

 

A brief introduction to the Danish Road Institute

 

2) News from our contries (all)

 

Iceland: The economic crisis means that budget for road building is declining. Last year saw the biggest budget ever, and many more projects were planned. And even though these are reduced, there are still many projects undergoing and coming.

Petur handed out a brochure abut vegagerdin. Some of these are not strictly obvious in regards to the cost-benefits.

 

Norway: Here you see much of the same, with expensive bridge building to 100 people. Statens Vegvesen has got a new homepage http://www.vegvesen.no/ which is orientated towards the users, and is based on focus groups.

Also a big reorganization is taking place, which will result in a halvation of the roads, run by Statens Vegvesen as of January 2010. Election in September - may result in fewer toll roads. By now most new roads are toll roads. Road pricing is not popular, however.

 

The group agreed that we maybe should look into cost-benefit calculations (the good arguments) as a mean to support the decision makers.

Finland: Reorganizing  - joining roads, trains, boats-administrations. “Trafikledsforvaltningen” as of January 2010. Also a re-location might take place. Big challenge for the communication. A new web page will be needed, which will also be more user oriented than the current one.

  

Denmark: A new prime minister, also named Rasmussen. Also a new Transport Minister the third in one year – Lars Barfoed. Conservative minister.

The “Green” traffic agreement. More money for the railroads and the environment (R&D + ITS) but also for new highways.

 

The DRD had a new Road Director – Per Jacobsen. 

Fehmern Bridge has been aproved. The bridge will have a total length of approximately 19 km (12 mi) and will be constructed as a triple-span cable-stayed bridge with each of the three spans being 724 metres (2,375 ft) long. The four pillars carrying the bridge will be approximately 280 m (919 ft) tall. The vertical clearance will be 65 m (213 ft) allowing sea traffic with large ships to and from the Baltic Sea to go beneath it.

3) Approval of minutes from january (all)

 

NVF-folder – can be paid via the communication project.

 

BRA-August – Brochure and poster can be produced. Ditte will design a poster. Anne Marit checker mht. Model med Buldre-lås (Velcro).

 

ITS-theme: Petur must ensure, that the present info on the private ITS-page will be put on the official NVF-webpage.

 

4) Tasks for the group (Petur)

 

Fra sekretærudvalgsmødet på Færøerne 21. april 2009:

 

 

·        Kongresforberedelse ViaNordica 2012:

 

Spørgsmål om at ”træne” foredragsholdere blev diskuteret. Er det muligt? Danmark vil tage det op på sit næste styrelsesmøde. Kunne være udvalgenes opgave. P-H foreslår at på forbundsmødet 2009 får vi en konsulent til at komme og oplære ledende formænd og sekretærer i dette og de får så ansvar at videreføre det til forelæserne. På konferencen 2012, kunne man muligvis lægge op med en pris for den flotteste præsentation? Det blev besluttet at Kommunikationsgruppen ville diskutere dette, særligt det med at få en konsulent til at oplære ledende formænd og sekretærer på forbundsmødet 2009.

 

This really requires a media training course which is expensive.

 

Another method would be to make a check-list for presentations, much like the check-list for making seminars. (tips and tricks).

 

Statens Vegvesen has a “Speakers Club”, where you give your presentation to each-other.

 

Maybe develop a training video and put out good presentations for benchmarking.

 

 

·        Klimatopmøde i København december 2009, NVF’s indsats:

 

Der er ikke noget detaljeret budget endnu, men Mikkel Bruun oplyser at total budgettet bliver indenfor 50.000 DKK.  Vi skal bede om mære detaljerede oplysninger fra kommunikationsgruppen om status på dette og der kan oplyses om det på forbundsstyremødet i juni.

 

Mikkel: Participation in climate seminar in Oslo, 1. april: 5.000 d.kr.

 

Ditte: Designing and printing of a new brochure for NVF: 20.000 d.kr

 

Vi har fået henvendelse fra www.rtcc.org  (Steven ?) som tilbyder at vi skriver en artikel, 800 ord, til en rapport de udgiver i forbindelse med klimatopmødet og den vil også ligge inde på ovennævnte hjemmeside. Spørgsmål om dette var noget spændende for os og det vi planer at gøre. Dette koster noget, men vi har ikke fået oplysninger om hvor meget endnu! Det blev besluttet at bede kommunikationsgruppen om at kigge på dette og tjekke om dette var spændende for os i sammenhæng med klimatopmødet.

 

Mikkel will take this into consideration in the communication plan.

 

 

·        Ærinde fra Kommunikationsgruppen:

 

             Vedrørende stand-in, som kan deltage i møder hvis ikke de faste medlemmer

           kan, blev det besluttet at det er op til hvert land at bestemme det.

 

We must check with our bosses, if and who will be joining.

 

Vedrørende henvendelse om deltagelse i Terra-netværk, som er i forbindelse med det so kaldte ”MnROAD research project”, var der er også forslag om dette fra Mats Wendel, som er udstationeret fra Sverige for tiden. Dette gælder om at øge samarbejdet mellem MnROAD og Norden og bruge det såkaldte Terra-netværk for det. Terra er en medlemsorganisation som arbejder for effektivere forskning. Fra Norge har man sagt at deltagelse i dette netværk skulle ske via vejadministrationerne. Finland har også sagt at de synes at NVF ikke er den rigtige organisation til at tage hånd om dette. I Sverige siger man at de ikke vil drive dette, men henviser til branchen og derfor NVF. Det blev diskuteret at dette kunne henvises til vejforskningsinstitutterne i Norden. Det blev også diskuteret at NVF var god platform for at sprede information om dette. Ellers var der ingen konkrete beslutning om sagen.

 

Forslag brochure for NVF blev vist frem. Der var diskussion om dette og nogle idéer diskuterede. Thorir viderefører dette til kommunikationsgruppen. (Dette er gjort direkte til Pétur)

 

·        Publicering af artikler om NVF (seminarer, resultater m.v.) i tidsskriftet ”Trafik og veje”:

 

Marianne er blevet kontaktet af redaktøren som gerne vil have NVF- artikler i bladet, evt. 2 faste sider ”nyt fra NVF”. Meningen er at bladet udvikler sig til at blive nordisk tidsskrift om trafik og veje. Det blev besluttet at bede Kommunikationsgruppen om synspunkter på dette.

 

Mikkel will facilitate this and harvest news from the NVF-web-site and AOB through the communication group. Probably 3-4 news pages a year would be suitable.

 

 

5) Knowledge about NVF inside the sector (Petur)

 

 

Petur has had a visit from WSP – a private civil engineers company from Sweden, who had never heard of NVF, even though the managing director is very active in the NVF. What can we do about this?

 

Activate the members outside the road administrations – private companies.

 

Demand more of our members in the department of communication;

 

Make all of our seminars open for the public and the press – and make communication plans for each seminar (with the help of the communication group).

 

Also, recruitment is a part of this issue. So maybe we should host some more seminars at the various universities and technical institutions in the Nordic countries.

 

Maybe the private members would be interested in hosting seminars as well.

 

 

6) Climate communication project (Mikkel)

 

Mikkel has participated in Nordisk Klima- og Miljøseminar I Oslo, 1. april 09. Very interesting programme, though most of the topics concerned mitigation of the effects of climate and not reduction of energy and emissions.

 

http://www.vegvesen.no/Fag/Fokusomrader/Forskning+og+utvikling/Klima+og+transport/Informasjonsdager/Road+Owners+Adapting+to+Climate+Change

 

Some thoughts from my notes:

 

Vedr. NVF-klimaprojekt. Bruge nationale strategier, analyser, forskning som afsæt til at fortælle, at vejadministrationerne er up-front med udfordringerne. Udpluk ift. ”visualiserbare” emner, som stenskred, oversvømmelse, asfalt, der smelter, broer, der lukker pga. varme, men også understrege, at det er et fælles ansvar at imødegå udfordringerne, ved at reducere CO2-udledningen, f.eks. ved at tænke over hvordan man kører, og hvilken stand man holder sit køretøj i (se hollandsk kampagne).

 

Next steps are: Joint meeting with the Miljø-utskott and the Transport i Städer-utskott tomorrow in Copenhagen (Petur and Mikkel). Discussion of our participation in joint seminar in October.

 

There hasn’t been much feed-back from the two themes, but it is important that the seminars are opened up to convey our messages.

 

Other ideas?

 

What part does your road administrations play in the COP 15?

 

Should we set up a editorial group? Could also be seen as a pilot for attending and reporting from seminars – make an internal evaluation of the collaborative communication as a tool to promote the NVF themes and the NVF as such.

 

7) New NVF brochure (Ditte)

 

Ditte explained our thoughts on the brochure, being

 

a) To convey the broad cross-border co-operation between the members

b) To show how NVF works in reality – seminars, knowledge sharing and projects

c) To show an emphasised focus on communication (from Forbund to Forum)

 

She listed the participants and the target groups of the NVF.

 

Target groups:

 

Possible members

Ambassadors among the members

Similar organisations

Colleagues in the road sector

 

Target group is not the members

The folder is based on the target groups needs

The folder isan appetizer that gives an overview of the NRA

The purpose, then, is to evoke the interest of the collegues and interested parties in the road sector in NVF/NRA.

 

The messages:

 

Here you find the knowledge and professional networks you need.

 

The folder is to be written in English – for the benefit of the COP 15 – and can be easily translated into Scandinavian languages.

 

 

Content:

 

Introduction by Hreinn Haraldsson

 

 

Front page: The babel fish – the universal translator.

 

 

The strategic themes will be visualised by examples, for instance LCA.

 

The technical committees will be introduced as symbols and in brief text.

 

Some of these will work as good examples of knowledge sharing – with concrete stories of what was achieved. Petur will write the chairmen about this with a request for at quick reply.

 

Ditte will speed up the process of lay-outing, so we can keep focus on interesting illustrations and then apply the right amount and form of text.

 

Petra, Petur and Anne Marit will search for pics for the folder – preferably with a national flavour. Also nature pics would be nice.

 

Deadline: Ready for print by end of may. Approval by secretaries june the 11.

 

Mikkel write a first draft for the introduction by Hreinn. To be sent to Petur.

 

Ditte will look for obvious illustrations of the underlining issus under the strategic themes.

 

Remember to use the material for a pdf for download as well for upgrading the present power point shows on the web site.

 

8) The homepage (Petur)

 

Petur showed the statistics for the last few month. There has been a slight decrease and he will look into if this is caused by any obvious changes or lack of updates and if and how more news stories will improve the visitor rating.

 

9) Conferences, BRA, PIARC (Petur)

 

NVF will have a presentation there- Assingments – BRA-August – Brochure and poster can be produced. Ditte will design a poster. Anne Marit checker mht. Model med Buldre-lås (Velcro).

 

Piarc winter conference – might be to expensive to participate.

 

Routes/roads: material that might be a part of the magazine. Petur will send mail about this.

 

10) AOB – next meeting

 

None other business. Next meeting: October in connection with the joint seminar in Odense – Petur will ask Levi, if Susanna will be attending.